As I was cooking dinner today, and loving everything about my kitchen, I reflected on the years it took us to get here. Our first kitchen in logan left something to be desired but we got by. Then of course you had to love our bothwell house with cupboards that swelled shut. Our St. George house will always be unforgettable, built in well, 1860, 1900, 1920s, 1950, and 1970 as each consective addition was put on, and none of them by professionals or even people who owned a level or measuring tape, but boy what a learning experience that house was. Our 9 month stint in the RV was of course unique but at least the cupboards didn't swell shut- and it sure is easy to keep a 36' X 8' space clean. Our brief stay at Nanny's house was probably the best kitchen to that point but it wasn't ours. The best part about that kitchen is it was always well stocked with yummy food! But now I have a kitchen to LOVE. But as I thought about how much I enjoyed our home here, I realized that even with all the interesting places we've lived we've enjoyed each place we've been in. We've always had a place to live, food to eat, and blessed with all the things we need, and many of the things we want. We have a lot to be greatful for we've been very blessed in everything we do. I thought I'd give you all a pic of thankgsiving dinner and share a few of the recipes I used (mother- this part is for you so you have the spinich pinwheel recipe I used)

Now for a couple of the recipes I made today:
For the turkey, I used this blog. It turned out FANTASTIC! So moist and juicy. I think next year I want to try an orange glazed one thought, that sounds yummy.
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moms_roast_turkey/
I made the spinich pinwheels using this recipe:
http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/pampered-chef-recipes/cheese-spinach-pinwheels.htm
They were fantastic, I did make a few changes though. I used reduced fat crossant dough and cream cheese. And I sauted bacon and onions (chopped) drained, and sprinkled that on in place of the ham.
I did Loraines blueberry Jello recipe, but used frozen mixed berries instead of canned blueberries, I will be doing that from now on. It was good.
I used my super secret recipe for the stuffing. I'll share the secret with you though: stovetop turkey flavor. Anyway, those are the basics. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
3 comments:
Thanks for the turkey recipe. Mike has been in Japan and is returning today, so we are having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. I am going to try this recipe. It sounds delicious.
Happy Holidays -- Give everyone a hug from me.
Luv Aunt Tami
Thanks for your wonderful gratitude list! We are grateful for all the people we know and all our critters, as well!
We also have Loraine's blueberry salad recipe. My older son always asks for it.
Post a Comment