Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If you had wanted to use my below post to share with someone, or you wanted the two letters, please go ahead and grab them. I'm planning to delete them. Where my blog is open it's not something I"d like to keep on there long term. So I will be removing it. If I could figure out how to set my blog to private and just invite folks I would but until I can have someone teach me how to do that this is going to have to work. *UPDATE: Thanks to Sara, I know how to at least have it not show up in search engines. I'm good with that for the moment. I just noticed a huge spike in blog traffic as I was logging in and was concerned. So we'll see how it goes for a few days. When/If I do get it set to private, please just shoot me an email if you can't get it, so I can send you an invite. I wouldn't leave any of my known family and friends out, I just don't want total strangers. Thanks!

2 comments:

Fromagette said...

If you go under your blog settings, you'll see the heading "Permissions". Under Blog readers it will say "Anyone" and "edit". If you click on edit you'll have the option of limiting the readers to only those that you invite.

You can also change the privacy settings so that your blog is not listed on their list of blogs and search engines cannot include your blog in search results.

Hope that helps!

(Karl hasn't read your previous post yet, and I think he should. Give him a chance! :) )

Laurel said...

Thanks I'll try and figure it out. It's not that I would exlude anyone I actually know, I just don't want students stumbling across my blog on accident. I don't really care about most things, because my kids see pictures and such of my family all the time, but this post made me realize if it's going to be this personal I don't want it out there. For now I'll just try and figure out the search engine thing, and I'll work on the invite thing another day.